I have finally gotten to the point where I can remove the 1981 Suzuki GS650 engine from the frame. There are a number of smaller brackets attaching the engine to the frame and three major bolts that span through the engine block from one side of the frame to the other. Like everything else, I have been frequently applying Liquid Wrench to each bolt as I am working on the other components. It still took a combination of Liquid Wrench and a blow torch to heat and cool the nuts to get everything released successfully. For the three larger bolts, I continued to use the left foot peg as a third pair of hands to hold one wrench in place while I worked from the right side of the bike.
With all of the bolts released, the engine still sits deeply in the lower frame and is awkward to try and lift out of the frame. I used the jack from the truck to raise the engine above the frame and placed runners across the frame to more easily slide the engine out.
And it’s out.
Plenty more bolts to remove to be able to split the engine, but the majority were loosened while the engine was still in the frame…